I apologize for the great lapse in posts. This has been a huge time of readjustmt. While things are not slowing down yet, I have gotten to see a preview of some of my pics from the wedding. I am floored. Tiffany Morse Photography is amazing. I felt the prettiest I think I ever have that day. A lot of brides probably feel that way. What might surprise you is me and my sister did my makeup and (almost) everything was a drugstore product. I thought I would share with you guys what is on my face!
- Primer. Okay, so usually I am not a primer girl. I think my wedding day was the second day I had ever used it. I sorta cheated on this one; I used a sample size. I used the super hydrating Pixi’s Flawless Beauty Primer, which I desperately need. I have real cute combination skin. Some spots are normal, and others are flaking. This helped even that out immensely. However, the tiny bottle is a whopping $22. Target comes to the rescue with a small 0.4 oz bottle for $9, and if you spend $20 on select products now you get a $5 dollar giftcard. This is a way to get higher quality products for your wedding day or prom without investing as much. Usually, I am not a fan of the travel sized items, but this was an exception I am willing to make.
- Foundation. Rimmel’s Stay Matte is what’s up. Again, I never wear foundation, but on your wedding day you gotta go all out. This stuff has fantastic staying power, medium coverage, and does not feel too heavy on your face. It even lasted through me bawling through my vows.
- Powder. The best powder I have come across is Rimmel’s Stay Matte powder. I particularly like the shade Translucent. This cheapie seems to be of a much higher quality. It absorbs grease for a freaking long time and does not look chalky.
- Concealer. Maybeline’s FitMe! concealer works just fine and dandy for me. I mostly use it for some subtle contouring because as of lately I have had very little skin issues (praise Jesus). I do not believe the coverage is super high, so if you are looking to cover mega issues you would probably want something else, but if you are looking to highlight areas of your face subtly and without feeling cakey, this is great. It is easily blended too.
- Eyebrows. I use 2 eyebrow products. The first is e.l.f.’s Eyebrow Kit. I use an (also) e.l.f. small angled brush to apply ONLY the gel side on the back half of my brow (I use the shade Medium). I then use NYX’s Eyebrow Cake Powder to do the front ( I use the shade Blonde, so you might consider going lighter than you would think). This creates a precise and natural look.
- Highlight. Okay, I get a little weird here. I have just started to use Maybelline’s Color Tatoo Metal 24hr Eyeshadow as a highlight. I use a disposable sponge. However, Maybelline is breaking my heart, and now only sells about 5 shades. None are very higlight friendly.
- Blush. My blush is Physician’s Formula, which normally I feel is over priced. I like their Happy Booster Glow & Mood Boosting 2-in-1 Bronzer & Blush because it is a very natural shade. I never feel “made up”.
- Eyeshadow.The e.l.f. Endless Eyes Pro Mini Eyeshadow Palette – Limited Edition – is so so so good. The pigmentation is about on par; not amazing, but not bad either. It just has so many shades that you can actually use. It is a mix of shimmers and mattes and none of them are too extreme to wear even in daily use. I prime my lids with Maybelline’s Color Tatoo Metal 24hr Eyeshadow. It is truly life changing. I adore the shade Barely Branded, which is dicontinued. Creamy Beige is the closest color they have now.
- Eyeliner. Sephorah has a great dupe for Urban Decay 24/7 Velvet Glide-On Eye Pencil. Their Contour Eye Pencil 12hr Wear Waterproof in the shade 5th Avenue- Grey is surprisingly similar and smudge proof.
- Mascara. Benefit’s They’re Real Mascara gives you a whole lot of bang for your buck. This is not a drugstore product, but it stays on through tears and can be applied layer after layer without clumping. It replaces falsies wonderfully. Falsies may seem cheaper and more effective, but I do not reccomend them for events where there might be tears.
- Lips. In the past few months I have found the BEST lip products that has me never wanting to buy a MAC lipstick again. ColourPop’s lip products stay on like NOTHING I have ever experienced. It puts MAC to shame in wear time, and in my opinion colors as well. However, they can be extremely drying. I do not like lipgloss, and putting chapstick on before does not cut it. Rimmel’s Moisture Renew Lipstick does though. ClourPop as a base and the Moisture Renew as a top “coat” lasts all day and totally fights the dryness issue.They still end up being about half the price of other high end products. If you are only going to try one thing from this list, try these.
This completes my list of products that I believe are worth more than you pay for them. Special occasions do not have to mean draining the bank. I hope this helps this coming Valentine’s Day!
lots of love,
Eyeliner: http://www.sephora.com/waterproof-contour-eye-pencil-P377784?skuId=1473768 (I believe this is the correct one)