Hey all, this week I am super excited to show what I have been cooking up with none other than my BEAUTIFUL sister. Clearly, I am very inspired by Audrey Hepburn, so I thought it would be super fun to do modern day takes on 5 classic Audrey Hepburn looks. For an extra little challenge we have found similar pieces to all of the items; each outfit ringing in under $55!
1. First up! Here we have Ms. Hepburn’s darling short and plaid shirt outfit from Sabrina. Edith Head won an Oscar for Best Costumes for this film, but it is said by many that the costumes were actually Givenchy and picked out by Audrey herself. Whether or not this is true, this film did mark the beginning of a relationship between her and Givenchy.
2. Up next, we go back to my beloved Sabrina. I am obssessed with this look because it shows how truly timeless this lovely lady was. Just remeber, the key to wearing all black is having a variety of textures.
3. Our third look is based off of Audrey’s probably most iconic movie, Breakfast at Tiffany’s. Even if you know nothing of Audrey Hepburn, you have probably seen the classic picture of her holding a cigarette while wearing a tiara. This movie happens to be my 2nd least favorite of Ms. Hepburn, but there is no denying the costumes are cuuute. They truly represent the 60s with their simplicity and color scheme.This outfit is not her classic long dress with gloves, but the lesser photographed, shorter, and tiaraless version. A look we can totally rock today.
4. Next, we pay homage to How to Steal a Million. The very first outfit we see our lovely namesake in is an all white ensemble, that honestly is a little much to handle. While we did some tweaking, we were still inspired by her gutsy move to wear all white. While Audrey’s outfit is bold, she still manages to not look like a waiter while wearing all white, which can be hard to do.
5. Our final look is inspired by Roman Holiday. This outfit is definitely my favorite ; it shows the difference of what was considered casual then vs. now, and makes me want to step up my game.
This concludes our Audrey inspired outfits for today. It was so fun to try and create classic outfits out of a modern-day wardrobe. Comment your favorite look, and like if you would like to see more.
lots of love,
**I split the cost of the shoes between the two outfits because I used the same pair.
* We cut a normal length scarf because they are cheaper and easier to find!